A Shakespeare scene-study with Meisner-trained Shakespeare expert.
Sign up to this 6-week course to work with Shakespeare scenes, and possibly a few monologues or sonnets. Working with professional Shakespeare text teacher, Lizzie Conrad Hughes, you will build confidence in your abilities with speaking and acting the text, explore and appreciate the language, build a set of valuable and flexible performance techniques, and work as a company to produce high quality, dramatic performances.
Who might take this course?
- Actors who want to brush up their Shakespeare skills and take their acting to the next level
- Students of Shakespeare looking for a dynamic way to connect with the language, characters and plays
- Actors without a systematic approach to text or confidence with Shakespeare
What will you get?
- A comprehensive system for approaching Shakespeare’s text
- Experience working sensitively moment to moment with another actor
- Personal attention and feedback from an experienced teacher
- A company ethic where all members support each other
What are the benefits?
- Learning a fool-proof approach to Shakespeare’s text, which can inform all your work an actor
- Engaging emotionally with text and your acting partner
- Building confidence in your own instinctive responses onstage
THIS COURSE IS NOT CURRENTLY SCHEDULED