Reading Shakespeare is like reading a message in code. Codes can be broken. Pick the locks and open the door into Shakespeare’s text – once you’re in, you’re in!
This short introductory course will give you the tools to open up any Shakespeare text and let it live.
Who would do this course?
- Anyone who wants a way into Shakespeare for the first time
- Anyone wanting to improve their Shakespeare text skills
What do you get?
- A comprehensive and flexible system for approaching Shakespeare’s text
- An opportunity to get to grips with vocabulary, pronunciation, meter & rhythm, sounds, metaphors, maybe even rules of three, apposition and end-stopping!
- The chance to find out how each text discovery can feed your performance and have Shakespeare himself direct you as one actor to another – he knew what actors needed and he made sure it was there in his texts
- Personal attention and feedback from an expert specialist tutor